Our commitment to you is to meet where you are at when surrendering, with transparency, compassion, understanding and in the absence of judgement. We know life happens, we know that even with the best of planning it is not always possible to avoid surrendering; we are here to support you.
When you contact us to organise a surrender we will;
- Ask you to complete this form.
- Organise an appointment for you to come to the rescue or meet with one of our volunteers.
- Invite you come in and see the set-up of the rescue and ask any questions you may have.
- Invite you to contact us if you want an update on how your rats are going.
What we need from you;
- Information, information, information – what you tell us about your rats, especially the detail you give us sets us up with the best chance to provide the best care for your rat from the get go.
- Remember, we aren’t judging, so if you have to tell us you haven’t been providing vet care, or you have had them living in a mouse cage, or they have mites/lice/respiratory illness, aggression – PLEASE tell us this. If we don’t know what is happening for your rat, we might put them in a big colony and stress them out, or we might end up with a mass lice outbreak at the rescue.
- We have the skills, knowledge and equipment to manage most situations, all we need is for you to let us know what your rat needs from us.
Please talk to us honestly and openly about your rat and its history, we have not had to turn a rat away yet.
What we do want is to partner with you in making sure your rat, our volunteers and our residents are all safe and well throughout this process.
If you're looking to surrender, fill out our surrender application form below, and one of our team will be in touch.